Barker Shoes Ltd., Station Road, Earls Barton, Northampton, NN6 0NT
Data Protection Officer: Beth Behan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barker Shoes Ltd. takes your privacy seriously and is committed to being fair and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and in meeting its data protection obligations.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect, process and store your personal data as well as your rights in relation to your personal data.
If you have any queries or would like any further information relating to this Privacy Notice or about exercising any of your rights, please contact us via email: email@example.com
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information that we collect about you may include your name and place of work details including: address, telephone number and email.
We collect this personal data through information you provide when you:
- Contact us by phone, email or in writing
- Request information regarding our products and/or services via email, telephone or submitting a form through our website
- Enter into a contract to receive our products and/ or services
- Setting up an account with us
- Sign up through our website to download information from our Resources area
- Sign up to receive communications from us
- Complete a customer satisfaction survey
We may automatically collect information if you visit our website, including details of your visits, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you accessed.
We may collect technical information about your computer, including IP address, operating system and browser type.
How do we use your personal data?
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which may include:
- Providing products and/or services to you
- Fulfilling our contractual agreements to you
- Communicating with you in relation to the potential provision of products and/ or services
- Creating an account and invoicing for products and/ or services provided to you
- Providing you with industry information, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, related products and/or services which may be of interest to you
- Communicating with you in relation to any complaints, issues or disputes
- Analysing marketing data, promotional campaigns, website visits in order to make improvements to our products and/or services
- Requesting customer feedback relating to the provision of our products and/ or services
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Legitimate Interest as detailed in the ‘Your Rights’ section of this document.
You also have the right to change your preferences or unsubscribe from any marketing communications from us. Every communication we send will give you the opportunity to opt-out or select the products and/ or services that you are interested in.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data will only be accessed by those who have a genuine business need to know it. This may on occasion mean that your personal information will be shared with a trusted third party in the course of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, for example:
- Associate consultants and/ or trainers when providing our products and/ or services to you
- Our trading partners to enable provision of quotations or to deliver agreed products and/ or services to you
- Our IT and CRM support service providers in connection with maintaining our systems and continuation of services to you
The below companies may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to impellent appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
Where do we store your personal data?
We take the security of your data seriously and have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. All information is stored on our secure servers and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Where we have identified a legitimate business interest, we will hold your personal data securely for an indefinite period in order to communicate with you regarding our products and/ or services that may be of interest to you. You may change your preferences at any time or unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided on our communications. You may also exercise your right to unsubscribe at any time by contacting Barker directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data, these include:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation's legitimate grounds for processing data
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Barker directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.